This document describes the services offered by www.cleverhosting.co.uk, referred to as "supplier", associated charges, in addition to prohibited uses and procedures.
The supplier provides Shared Web Hosting and Virtual Private Servers which are accessed via TCP/UDP.
All content on shared hosting customer accounts remain the responsibility of the customer, and will be liable for any costs incurred from over-usage or misuse.
Should you exceed your allocated bandwidth limit (if applicable), overage fees will apply. Overage is charged at £0.25 per GB. If the first incident of overuse does not exceed 150GB, the fees will be waived.
Should an account you own on any one of our servers be the target of an attack, the supplier reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate your services at their discretion.
The supplier reserves the right to delete, without prior warning, any files which violate the below terms. The supplier also reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate your service at their discretion.
You are not permitted to use your service, account or server provided by the supplier to:
- Send unsolicited or bulk email, otherwise known as "SPAM". All mailing lists must be Opt-In with clear instructions should the subscriber wish to cancel.
- Access or attempt to access a system or network resource which you are not authorised to.
- Store, distribute or link to material which you do not have authorisation to do so. This includes but is not limited to Copyrighted Multimedia, Pirated or "Nulled" Software and Scripts.
- Store, transmit or create pictures, videos or references of an Adult Nature where involved person(s) are under the age of 18 years.
- Participate, Commit or attempt to involve in a Denial of Service attack against any computer, network or individual.
- Distribute worms, Trojans or viruses.
- Host or engage in Peer-to-Peer activities such as Bit torrent, including web based clients such as Torrent Flux.
- Be abusive towards the suppliers staff. Abuse towards the supplier's staff, in the form of verbal abuse or anything the supplier deems offensive may result in service termination.
- Provide free hosting services, due to the abusive nature of end-users with such services.
- Proxies are allowed, however the supplier reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate should resources be abused.
Billing is provided by a secure online portal at https://www.cleverhosting.co.uk/billing/clientarea.php
Secure online payments are accepted via PayPal. Customers can also pay using Bank Transfer, although one of the first payments is preferred.
Invoices are created 14 days before they are due with notification via email, providing adequate notice. If payment is not completed by the due date, service(s) will be automatically suspended by the system after 5 days until payment is completed. After 3 days, a 8% administration fee will be automatically added to the invoice.
Should payment not be completed within 30 days of the due date, with no attempt from the customer to contact the Billing Department, services will be cancelled. All data on the involved services will be destroyed.
The supplier requires 24 hours notice on cancellations for Shared Hosting products. VPS (Virtual Private Servers) require a cancellation notice period of 5 days and Dedicated Servers require a cancellation notice period of 30 days. The time periods are prior to the date your invoice is due.
Cancellation must be submitted through the billing system. Customers can login and go to My Products/Services, select the relevant service and use the "Request Cancellation" option. Cancellations submitted via Email, or any other mediums will not be accepted.
A 10 day money back guarantee is provided with Shared, Reseller and Unmanaged VPS. The request must be made within the first 10 days of a service being ordered, by submitting a ticket to the Billing Department. If products/services are cancelled by the supplier for breach of these terms, the money back policy does not apply.
The money back guarantee is the only exception where direct refunds will be provided. Should a customer cancel in the middle of a month, no refund is available for the remaining time. In addition, credits on customer accounts cannot be withdrawn. Credits can only be used against the supplier's services.<
The supplier reserves the right to suspend and/or refuse service to those who consume excessive CPU and/or Memory on Shared Servers. This applies to customers of Shared and Reseller accounts only. It also only comes into effect for those who are using such resources over extended periods.
The supplier reserves the right to suspend and/or refuse service to those who either advertently or inadvertently consume vast amounts of bandwidth whereby the consumption is detrimental to that of other users on the same server and/or network. This includes victims of DDOS attacks and/or DOS attacks (outbound or inbound). This will also apply for those who use vast amounts of bandwidth over extended periods, without prior authorisation.
DOS = Denial of Service Attack, DDOS = Distributed Denial of Service Attack
Customers who choose to file a dispute against any payment made to the supplier will have their service immediately cancelled, without refund. Cancellations must be completed using the correct procedure as outlined above.
The integrity and availability of customer data always remains the sole responsibility of the account holder. Although servers have multiple hard disks placed in RAID arrays, and internal backups, the supplier takes no responsibility over lost and/or corrupt data.
If data integrity is important to you, contact us for an offsite backup solution.
By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you also agree to the Domain Names Registration Agreement as laid out by OpenSRS, who are the registrar with whom we register Domain Names for our customers. This 'Domain Names' clause is only applicable to you if you are transferring or registering a Domain Name with us.